Friday, April 5, 2013

Getting in Shape for Comic Con, Part 2



With our costume ideas finally starting to come together for cosplay for SDCC, I thought an update was in order.  In Part 1 of this series, I revealed that the first character I will be cosplaying is Mad Moxxi from Borderlands 2.  The main difference being that Moxxi in Borderlands 2 dons a purple-colored outfit as opposed to red, which was how it appeared in the first Borderlands game.  At this point, I have procured all the accessories, finished my Rubi gun (which was revealed in part 1), so just working on the jacket and hat...and SPATS! Who knew it would be so difficult to find a spats for ladies?  If anyone out there has any leads on such a thing, please send my way....

I think this interpretation of the Wolverines
by Paolo Rivera is particularly clever.
On other fronts, my other half has decided on his costumes for SDCC...the many faces of Wolverine.  Since he was terribly concerned about how long it might take him to grow the facial hair for this role, he stopped shaving about two weeks ago...yes, this is for an event in July.  For the purposes of this blog series, I thought it would be fun to do a time lapse of his facial hair. Well, here's a photo from day 1, paired with a photo from today.


Day 1
Two Weeks Later

 
 

Clearly, facial hair is not going to be a roadblock for him to do the Wolverine cosplay.  HOWEVER,  this blog is titled "Getting in Shape" for Comic Con, not growing facial hair for Comic Con, and both the husband and I have some work to do on getting fit for our respective cosplay roles.  To that end, we are adopting a couple new healthy habits that we hope will help us achieve our goals by July:
1.  Eating a clean diet five days a week.  Look, Hugh Jackman did it to get ready for his role in The Wolverine, so we can too....right..?
2.  Consistently working out--with the help of my pal Ndsettia at Vida Fitness in DC!
3.  Using the PS3 Move with my Just Dance 3 and 4 games a lot more often, and doing squats while we're playing non-Move games.
4.  In a few months, we'll be trying a 5-day juice cleanse through Khepra's Raw Food and Juice Bar ....yeah...stayed tuned for future posts on how that goes...


Lastly, I thought I should at least do a reveal of my next planned costume, which is mostly complete thanks to my gal Kim at CreationKO.  Here's a photo of her project in the works... #carolcorps!  Just got my blue fashion contact lenses in the mail today too, which should be interesting since I don't normally put anything in my eyes.

AND stay tuned soon for another facet of my foray into the world of cosplay, with a special feature on AwesomeCon DC....BioShock on a Budget!! My adventures in assembling a costume for BioShock Infinite for under $50.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment